Weather Related Delays, Closures, and Dismissals.
I wanted to give you a quick run through of the process of making weather related decisions for school delays, closure, or dismissal. This is a warranted concern based on where I live. The below process is for the morning decisions but a similar process would take place for a dismissal.
Eyes on the Conditions
- Frequent monitoring of weather forecast and conditions.
- Up at 5:00am and checking in with team who have eyes on conditions and consider their input.
- Gather area superintendent input on conditions and thoughts on decision
- Make decision by 6:00am to assist families and before buses have to get prepped.
- We may start with a 2 hour late start to buy some more time.
- Send notifications through following media
- School notification system (SwiftK)
- School website.
Please let me know if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org